Who would have thought it would be this simple and CHEAP to create this awesome Bob the Builder Construction themed birthday party for my 2yr old son! Most of the items were bought at the local dollar store. I made everything from Paving Stones, Bricks, Logs and Nuts and Bolts using different kinds of chips and candy and placed them all in the backs of various dump trucks. However, my favourite (and I think everyone else’s fav as well) was the totally awesome Rice Krispie Square paint brushes!
Rice Krispie Square Paint Brush Recipe
1. Follow Rice Krispie Square recipe on the box
2. Once cooled and hardened in the fridge, cut into squares for the brush portion
3. Slide a popsicle stick in one end of your rice krispie square to be your stick portion of your paint brush
4. Next, for the fun part…melt different colours of Wilton brand (or any other brand) chocolate melts in the microwave until smooth
5. Use a spoon to drip your different “paint” colours over your “brushes”
6. Lay on a baking tray and place in the fridge for candy “paint” to harden
7. Voila! Rice Krispie Square paint brushes!